Friday 18 April 2008

The Sudan - 37

Well thats it. My shoes have finally disintegrated, and just as I walk in through my front door.
I left Khartoum in 43 degrees. I didnt need a jacket. I arrived in Birmingham in 8 degrees - Crikey i DID need a jacket - shame it was packed in my suitcase.
Ive only been away 3 weeks but in this time, global food prices have escalated. Rice went up 40% in 10 days. And the bloody taxi fare from the airport has gone up a fiver.
So my trip to The Sudan has come to an end. But rural poverty hasnt.
Did I earn my money? Lets see if I get another contract (I certainly hope I do)
Did I make a difference? Who knows... but I don't see why I should be the only one asking that question. Have you made a difference?

1 comment:

claires inner world said...

Tim,
I have finally finished reading your Sudan blog. I feel as though I have been there with you, every step of the way! Your writing is so evocative.

Never mind the CPS stuff, you should be writing books!!

Really well done. I hope you're proud of it, too.

Claire