Friday 21 September 2007

ive been distracted

Im back. I havent made a posting to my blog for nearly 2 months. What does that say about me and my ways? I get easily bored and distracted and i dont break old habits easily.
I could list here all the reasons for not writing, but that would simply sound like i'm trying to excuse myself. There is no excuse, Ive simply been distracted.

The distractions have been very good though :-) i might even draw on some of my new experiences to write about in forthcoming blog entrys :-)

So what have i learnt about myself and blogging during this time?
  • Blogging needs time (it might well only need a tiny bit of time, but it nevertheless needs it and it needs it regularly)
  • Its very easy to think that you dont have enough time
  • when working abroad (or even away from your normal routine) the effort to create blogs is even greater
  • Even when simplifying the process by posting entrys by mobile phone txt messages, this is not always as simple as you'd hope. I thinking particulary here about working abroad and in remote places
  • Blogging needs to be habitual; a way of life. like trying to do more frequent gym visits, the moment you let your efforts slip, it is all too easy to drift back to your old habits. However...
  • Like trying to do more frequent gym visits, you might fail a number of times but you can always start again. and so this is me - recognising that frequent blogging is a tough challenge - starting again

No comments: