Thursday 27 September 2007

mines more of a twig

I am still laughing out loud.
I should be crying - im getting increasingly angry with the amount of spam that i get in my email these days. I remember listening to a "futurist" only 3 years ago who predicted the death of email which would come about due to 1) people feeling overloaded by CC'd tasks, and 2) the increasing torrent of spam. his solution was to charge people to send email. At the time that seemed an outragous proposal as surely the whole idea of email and internet was the freedom and freeness of it all. Sadly i'm starting to agree with his thinking. I wonder what difference would become of our work day if we were charged say 5 pennies for each email sent?
One thing for sure it would dramatically reduce the amount of spam we'd recieve.

I must recieve currently about 50 spam emails per day (and i know some people recieve many more) any suggestions for spam filters gratefully recieved :-) and what confuses me is just how unimaginative it all is. Can it really be true that the only thing that requires spam attention is rolex watches, stocks, software and penis patches? and as for the sales pitch, im guessing that the copy is being thrown together by some dropout schoolboys who dont have english as their first language. And so ive been getting very bored and frustrated with all this garbage coming into my inbox.... until today!.....
At last some spammer somewhere has got a grasp of the situation and engaged me.
His email contained no more than a hyperlink that said "our site" and the best ever one line sentence that is still making me laugh....
"your penis will make more shadow than a tree"

No comments: