Friday 29 June 2007

a matter of economics


Ive just had to fit a bracket to something; and to do the job well i needed a couple of spacers. After failing to find anything suitable in my garage, my first thought was to dash off down to B&Q and buy a couple of big washers.


.... but then I stopped and thought.....


As much as i love to go to B&Q, it is very expensive.... those 2 washers were bound to be close to a couple of quid, and then there is the petrol cost of getting there. And I was short of time too. I thought about how easily i would accept spending a couple of quid to get me out of a fix.... and then it struck me, a couple of pound coins would do the trick beautifully! and so 2 fat ones were drilled!

Now i know that defacing the queens coinage is against the law... but i figured so was the speed that i was going to have to drive at to get to B&Q in time.... and this way meant no one gets hurt and i save the cost of petrol

No comments: